The Science of Ayurveda holds many great keys in understanding your health
Having practiced yoga for many years it was a natural progression to want to improve my health and eating habits.. This is when I found Ayurveda and started getting curious about how we eat everyday effects our overall well being… I was Hooked!!!
The idea of having amazing health and feeling great all the time got me… So I changed everything, gave up meat, alcohol, pastries, hard cheeses. I started getting up earlier and meditating and then I went on to study Ayurveda from many great local and overseas teachers.
Here are some of the key points in looking at your body system and health a little differently.
- You are amazingly perfect just the way you are!!
- No two people are the same. Your constitution is unique just like your finger print.
- Your constitution is set from the moment you were conceived and is a lovely concoction of your family’s lineage and traits. This is called Prakriti.
- Your constitution does not change however the environment and lifestyle can affect the natural balance of your constitution. This is called Vikriti.
- We are all comprised of the 5 elements in various proportions and these 5 elements exist in everything living.
- The 5 elements are Ether, Air, Fire, Water and Earth
- The elements combine to form the 3 doshas/ metabolic types:
Vata = combo of Ether and Air – Dry, Changeable, Creative, Movement, Ideas, Rough
Pitta= combo of Fire and Water – Hot ,Oily, Sometimes Smelly, Precise, Driven, Transforming
Kapha= combo of Water and Earth – Moist, Heavy, Solid, Dependable, Trustworthy, Nurturing
I hope you found this inspiring. With Love, Lara